Donations Needed Now Include:
• Industrial sewing machines (10)
• Home sewing machines (5)
• Washer and dryer (commercial grade)
• Cutting tables (4’ x 8’) (4)
• Chairs for classroom space
• Iron and ironing board
• Draft tables
• Carts for moving
• Dress forms
• Gift cards from local crafts / sewing stores, Amazon, Wawak or locally-owned Webb & Sons
• Double-stitch industrial machine
• Bar-tack machine Double-rolled hemmer foot for Juki 1508N industrial machine
• Shelf units (prefer units at least 24” to 30” deep for storage of fabric)
• Ott Lite table lamps (4)
• Magnifying light / lamp (2)
• 72” Aluminum Straight Edge Rule (3)
• Washer and Dryer – small apartment size
• Dress forms
• Label maker
• Handheld vacuum cleaner with utensils (for cleaning sewing machines)
• Printer & Ink
• Step stool
• Thread – Industrial and Heavy Duty
• Heavy-weight fabrics and leather
• Fabric Press with steam (commercial grade)
• Whether you are cleaning out your sewing studio, craft stash, fabric leftovers, art closet, estate collection, or unfinished project we’d love to take the items that are no longer useful to you and give them another life.
• Flat fabric pieces 1/2 yd+
• Sewing Notions: zippers, buttons, snaps, grommets, buckles, etc.
• Thread: industrial or button threads, embroidery thread, polyester sew-all, top-stitching etc
• Sewing needles: extra machine or hand needles
• Sewing tools: scissors, rotary cutters, replacement blades, pins, chalk, seam rippers, tools, magnetic pincushions
• Sewing Notions: Velcro, elastic, webbing, belting, boning, ribbon
• Leather, Wool Scraps, Felt
• Sewing Patterns
• Sewing instruction books
• Embroidery supplies
• Fabric paint or dye
Arrange your donation!! Call The Circle of Vision Keepers Re-Entry and Recovery Program (937) 409-7887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange donation of your new and/or used sewing goods. The Circle of Vision Keepers is located at 3401 Woodman Drive, Suite 12, Kettering, OH 45459.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
In the Spring of 2017, the Board of Trustees for the Tax Exempt 501 (C ) 3 Circle of Vision Keepers Re-Entry and Recovery Program voted to become the Fiscal Sponsor for the Dayton Emerging Fashion Incubator (DE-FI) LLC. This partnership will focus on the following in support of returning citizens, recovering addicts and their families:
Are you an employer in the sewn products industry?
Our WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT program will work with area manufacturers and community organizations to develop our Industrial Sewing Training programs that prepare individuals for employment in the sewing industry.
Are you look to have sewn products produced?
Our MICRO-MANUFACTURING will offer sewing services for soft-goods designers… you design it, we will sew it! This initiative will also benefit area fashion designers that currently produce custom goods for their clients. This service will allow designers to increase production of their lines and grow their brands. We will also create an in-house line of products to sell, with proceeds used to fund this new sewing initiative partnership.
Do you believe in the POWER of It Takes A Village and CREATIVE COMMUNITY COLLABORATION?
This will be a makerspace, bringing the community together — cutting across ethnicity, race, class, gender, geography and age — to explore new creative possibilities.
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own fashion based business but lack the support needed to turn your dream into a reality?
This will initiative will support ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT. We will provide the equipment, tools, support infrastructure and studio space to support sewing and textile related businesses. We can help you start and grow your business!
Do you have an unused or underused space that you would like to collaborate and make productive and prosperous?
We are looking for a space that to house this initiative and we’d love to work with you!! A few requirements for the space include:
• 220v for industrial sewing machines
• 110v for home sewing machines
• Hook-up for commercial grade washer and dryer
• Secure storage space for groups or individuals
• Internet access
• Land line
• Electric outlets for small appliances
DONATE Now The Circle of Vision Keepers Re-entry and Recovery Program is as a tax exempt non-profit and has 501(c)3 status. We are currently accepting the following donations; ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE You will receive a tax receipt for your donation!!