(DE-FI) Fashion Week

We are (DE-FI)ng Fashion Week! With a different Fashion Show popping up every week that garners applause as models sashay up and down the runway, it’s easy to get caught up in the hype of lights, camera’s and action BUT the fashion show is just the tip of the iceberg and only makes up 5% of the Fashion Industry.  The Dayton Emerging Fashion Incubator (DE-FI) LLC is bringing you the other 95% and then some.  This week long celebration included:


 Designers Workshop for Beginners  

 Business of Fashion Seminar 

 Fabric Fest 

 Acting and Improvisation Workshop

 Knits Only Sewing Workshop 

 Pop Up Shop and Clothing Swap 

 Model Bootcamp 

The Taste of (DE-FI)ance Magazine Release Party 

(DE-FI) Fashion Week: Designer Workshop Pt1

 Our fellow villager Lynn Barnes PhD, owner of M.Lynn  Barnes Fashion Design Studio taught three Designers Workshops for  Beginners during our #FashionWeek. Here Lynn shares details of her annual New  York City pilgrimage with area designers with aspiring #Designers

(DE-FI) Fashion Week: Business of Fashion Seminar Pt 1

As a part of FIDM's Finding Your Design Inspiration presentation during the Business of Fashion Seminar; Lynne Bartley gave aspiring #Designers 10 minutes to sketch out a design, some designers found their inspiration from items found in their pockets! #WhatInspiresYou #RemovingBarriers #TheFashionPipeline #FashionAdvancement #WhatDoYouDEFI #FirstFlightNowFashion

(DE-FI) Fashion Week: Business of Fashion Seminar Pt 2

As a part of FIDM's Finding Your Design Inspiration presentation during the Business of Fashion Seminar; Lynne Bartley gave aspiring #Designers 10 minutes to sketch out a design, some designers found their inspiration from items found in their pockets! #WhatInspiresYou #RemovingBarriers #TheFashionPipeline #FashionAdvancement #WhatDoYouDEFI #FirstFlightNowFashion

(DE-FI) Fashion Week: Business of Fashion Seminar Pt 3

Designer Corey Winborn creator of  spoke to #AspiringDesigners  at our Business of Fashion Seminar during (DE-FI) Fashion Week. Check  out  his conversation on Establishing Your Clientele. Do you  know your value? #RemovingBarriers #TheFashionPipeline #FashionAdvancement #WhatDoYouDEFI #FirstFlightNowFashion 

(DE-FI) Fashion Week: Business of Fashion Seminar Pt 4

 Jay Arbetman from the Chicago based The Sourcing District shared a wealth of knowledge with our aspiring #designers  during (DE-FI) Fashion Weeks Business of Fashion Seminar. From how to  build your brand, to sourcing and manufacturing your product Jay shared  it all!  He also share why boutiques and fashion shows are bad business  for new and emerging designers. Check out what Jay had to say here: #RemovingBarriers #FashionAdvancement #TheFashionPipeline #WhatDoYouDEFI #FirstFlightNowFashion